Wednesday, June 11

Are you more like Lauda or Hunt?

Hola wednesday!
This is the 3rd consecutive days of me being lazy ass and wake up above 9.00 am; its really something right? I am usually not this lazy though but since get back to Bogor after spent four days at home just make me 'meh' and doing nothing really useful. But anyway thats not the main point I want to share. The day before yesterday, I finally manage to watch Rush (2013), yes it is a last year movie and one of the reasons which made me eager to watch is the fact that Daniel Bruhl is starring in that one. In addition, some of my friends who able to watch the movie in cinema last year told me that it is indeed surprisingly a good movie so ofcourse I wont pass the chance to not see it.
above: Niki Lauda - Daniel Bruhl as Niki, below: Chris Hemsworth as James - James Hunt

Rush is made based on true story about rivalry between F1 driver back in 1970s: Niki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl) and James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth). If you have not known the story yet, I will not spoil anything here (well no promise haha) but the thing that attract me the most is Niki Lauda's ambition. He is someone who come from economist family who give no support at all for Niki's interest in being racing driver. Realizing the consequences, he takes a loan from a bank to buy his own way into a team and thanks to his smart ass brain and hardwork attitude he ended up in Ferrari racing team despite of the rookie status. Compared to James Hunt's life, Niki's is far from fun, it can be seen from his personality and (in the movie) he admit enjoys being that kind of serious and strict person in order to achieve his goal. Throughout the movie, we learn many things from both the character, but I personally adore Niki Lauda so much with all his ambition, focus, and everything; those remind me how such a peaceful person I am. Like some months ago, I took this survey (or test whatever) on www.talentoday.com and it turned out that I have this very low mental of ambition, competitive spirit, and self confidence. In contrary, I have this high points on stress management, taking responbility, and opening up to others.  At a glance it seems that I look like a saint or something with no life friction and always give cares to other lol. I can just shrug that result off but in someway it bugs me, well I mean 'is it really I have no ambition?' Realization came later, after living this 22 years of life I never indeed want something that bad (beside watching P!ATD concert years ago). I also never involve in any competitiveness feeling, I mean yes maybe life itself give us competition under our conscious but I dont really have a spot for feeling 'I should get that' kind of things. A friend once told me that she sometimes cant understand why me, given such gift in academic area, never pushed my self into a paper competition or scholarship selection,' and tbh its not my first time get that kind of comments. I admit now I feel like regretting my past by wasting my young years (london grammar alert eh) but in other way I think its not that regretful bcs I basically spent my years well surrounded by person I love. Maybe I just being James Hunt instead of Niki Lauda. And now with this upcoming pressuring years ahead, it feel like I need to be more like Niki hahaha, I mean with all the goals and aims I have to get. I cant be always that easy peasy girl with smile in her face right (?) And no, its not that I will change my entire personality but strict-en up a bit wont hurt. Pray for me pals and I hope you can always be a better person also! Lastly, let me share this quote from Rush that stucked in mind:
Mr. Lauda, may I offer a piece of advice? Stop thinking of it as a curse to have been given an enemy in life. It can be a blessing, too. A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends. 

XOXO.

0 comments:

 

the wise travesty Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger