Saturday, May 26

The ultimate life updates

Good lord, I haven't write anything here since February last year, talk about uber-negligence eh? What happened for the past 15 months? Depend from the perspective and context. It is both a lot and a little. In the last post, I was waiting to start my internship. Now, the timeline goes like this:

  • 2017 (Feb): I did start with my internship in KWR. It wasn't really what I expected to be, but hey I need to graduate on time. Paying the additional tuition fee for 1000 euro/month was not my option.
  • Mar: Left for Bandung at the end of this month. Also, I just realized how cheap I am since there was this one particular event that made me super happy (until now) to just walk around canal side with my (then) crush lol.
  • Apr: Worked alone in Bandung sigh. The internet was always a problem so believe me when I said I never once have a skype session with my supervisors from there. The highlight was.. watching Bangtan's concert in ICE! That was crazy! Fortunately, I seated comfortably (?) in tribune area.
  • May: Back to Utrecht with hyungnin. Since I took two weeks off my internship, I accompanied her for end-spring trip. We went to cities in the Netherlands, Italy and France. I wasn't being a very good friend back then (terribly sorry hyungnim) with my mood swings and too much entangled thoughts in my head. It was also the start of Ramadan 1428H! Man did you remember the heat of the first fasting day. I wanted to drown my self in ice cubes!
  • June: My thesis drove me crazy this month. I set a deadline for myself to finish it (so that the next month I can just lazying around). It was also my first time celebrating Eid without my family :") but it was fun because I had this new Ramadan circle (I miss everyone huhu, Vjosa, Aimee, Nur) and we celebrated the Eid prayer in outdoor field so it was feel like home.
  • July-Aug: Basically, it was either a day fully spent in the library to work on additional tasks from my supervisor or holiday. I finally gave thesis presentation and officially finished with my master program yay! I also visited a lot of new places, from the Terschelling to Kotor <3
  • Sept: Graduation ceremony!! I was so glad to attend this instead of going home directly after my thesis presentation. There were also UID 2017 (remembering all those days spent with crazy Indonesian lol), KARD concert (jiwooo!) and behold, first time ever, my solo trip to Stockholm-Helsinki.
  • Oct: Leaving Utrecht :'' I haven't really moved on until now
  • Nov-Dec-(2018) Jan: Almost doing nothing at home except writing papers (my spv ideas). I think I was really in a slump this period. Once you leave home for so long, it is just weird to be back there. I also have a love hate relationship with my mom: truly loving and missing her when a far but in close proximity I can only stand her for two weeks top (I know some of my friend will give nods to this).
  • Feb-Mar-Apr: Decided to move back to Bogor, to increase my chance to get a job. How come, you ask? Eh it's mostly to find tranquility, I lied about finding job. I began to feel so desperate about finding a vacancy. After that slump period, I feel like I have forgiven and made peace with myself being unemployed. But I can't lie that I need money to live (classic right) so yeah it is unnerving.
  • May: I finally got a job and in a honeymoon (?) face of enjoying it but I moved to Jakarta and it's not honeymoon after all


The last six month feels so long for me but fortunately I have stacks of book and movie ammunition. It's only May but I watched more than 50 movies and read 15 books. I walked a lot, well at least in Bogor, the city gives that privilege. Also, I joined some interesting events along the way. These things keep my sanity. I feel like I'm quieter these past months (I know, is it possible for a chatty box like me to tune down? Apparently it is). The reason? Nothing particular. After hearing other people's stories, I feel like mine is trivial and my opinions don't matter that much. I still love to listen though, and if someone asks, I may share my piece of life too :)
A free concert of Jakarta Philharmonic City I attended a week ago

I think it's a decent post to open the new chapter of life.
XOXO,

Noyara

0 comments:

 

the wise travesty Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger